Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The final step

Here is the final step on my small drawer I painted with the chalk paint.
I first, applied the clear was, a very small amount with dollar store  brushes, (theirs are expensive for me right now)  then, I let it dry, and I applied the darker wax, a little at a time with another dollar store brush, then I wiped it out, left some, in, according to how it look.  I decided I wanted it a little darker, what do you think. I am not a painter at all. Everything is trial and error.  I painted a light blue, turquoise, MS kind of color, the name is Loui , then when I distressed it the original color showed up, it was white, and green, the same green that a lot of vintage furniture comes in.

I love it, it was easier than I thought, there are so many artists in blog line that paint so nicely that, I'm learning.

Try the paint, do what I did, just buy one can to see if you like it.
Personally, I have a lot of blue paint that I bought at Lowes, Home Depot, Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams, the list goes on and on.

Oh, I forgot, then I put my lacy knobs on it, to add a little something to the piece, I have three more to go.








this is part of a settee I painted with SW and distressed it a year ago.

another corner of the settee, I have to take full pictures, I'm sorry, just to show the difference in paints, SW and chalk paint.

No comments: