Translate

Monday, September 5, 2011

The Wedding wreaths and a tutorial

I finished the wedding wreaths, and I started on the next one, also I wrote a tutorial for you my friends, its not that hard, believe me. You can make one in about three evenings.




The bride chose gray satin ribbon to hung the wreaths, I think they came out nice!!! what do you think.

Next:
The roses wreath  (another story)



MATERIALS:

  • a foam wreath as big as you want, mine are 12"
  • an old book
  • a hot glue gun
  • scissors
  • a pencil or magic marker
  • a movie and pop corn  Ha ha ha!!! chocolate cake!!!!


STEP ONE:

Cut 15 strips of book pages 2" wide.  Wrap each one around the wreath to cover the ugly foam, you can use ribbon if you want.  Just glue the end,  DONE.



STEP TWO

Cut lots of squares from your pages 4 1/2"  by 4 1/2"  Make a pile.

STEP THREE

Draw a spiral pattern on the first three squares and cut the spiral.  It doesn't have to be perfect, about a 1/4"  but if you can't or make a mistake, don't worry, your rose will come out beautiful anyway.

STEP FOUR  *IMPORTANT"

Grab a pair of tweezers (this is what I do)  grab the end of the spiral and roll and roll your flower, don't let go until the fat circle at the end.  Don't let go too fast, just slowly and carefully let it go and you will see the most beautiful rose you have even made is magical.

STEP FIVE  

Glue, the fat circle and a few of the petals, whatever style you like, be careful not to burn, I do it all the time, but I'm getting better.  Now this is rose number one, place it in a pretty silver tray, ( I do) and observe your hard work!!!!

STEP SIX

Make about 10 to 15 roses and place on your pretty tray.  Start your first row on your wreath








STEP SEVEN

Try to glue your roses as close as possible.  You will need to do three rows, and you are done, about 45 to 50 roses.

STEP EIGHT

Glue a bit of ribbon on the back and make a bow or just leave it simply.  This wreath is so impressive that it doesn't need much decoration, just the roses.

STEP NINE

Hang it in your living room, bedroom, 

STEP TEN
You can spray a protective Krlyon matte from Michael's but I don't, I have mine wreath for about four years. Sometimes the protective spray might turn the paper darker, but it is okay because we want the wreath to look old.

Enjoy your wreath, lots of work but worth the effort.  Please make one and let me know how you like them.

love

martha




No comments: