Translate

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Shabby Chic, Provence, South of France, and Chalk paint

chalk paint samples

french countryHello friends:




We all love the Shabby Chic look, country french furniture, the chalk paint is designed to transform a piece of furniture into a french shabby chic look alike.
Here is some inspirations pictures to get us in the mood, to start our series on painting with this great paint, I will give you some tips from my own mistakes, I'm still learning,  I did a beautiful picture frame in Louis Blue, and two shelves in Provence.

French Country Living Room
The French introduced the comfortable couches and chairs in the 1800, thus, shabby chic.
A Perfect Blend
Very soothing, from Coastal Living
I love this bedroom I cann't remember where it came from, but its lovely.
In our next post I will explain how I did it step by step.  Today just some fun inspiration from the South of France.
French Country Living Room
A simple but very French living room

French Country Living Room
A dark couch with linen pillows
Chipped and Charming
Chip and charming from Coastal living,  distressed to the max.
Now that we have a little inspiration, let's dream about our own shabby french rooms, and, follow me tomorow, for the paint lesson/ tutorial/learn by your mistakes.

XOXO

martha

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the color of the bed frame and the dresser in that bed room.